At Westside Children’s Therapy, our Counselors and Social Works are compassionate and dedicated advocates who work 1:1 with children between 3 -18 years old.
Westside fosters a safe, collaborative environment where our counselors and therapists are encouraged to be themselves and are supported in their profession and practice by an authentic and compassionate leadership team.
Our Oak Lawn clinic is growing, and we are looking to add a Licensed Counselor or Social Worker (LCPC/LCSW) to our team.
Interested in learning more? Read below and apply today!
Who You Are:
- Compassionate and encouraging clinician who cares deeply about patient outcomes
- Energetic and silly, with ability to connect with children
- Accountable and attentive to the needs of clients and their families
- Patient with a kind and nurturing spirit
- Collaborative spirit and willingness to work as a team
What You’ll Do:
- Discuss provision of family therapy services for parents of children with verbal communication skills able to engage in talk therapy age 3+ and provision of individual sessions age 5-6+ pending clinical evaluation
- Perform initial evaluations of client needs
- Conduct behavioral observations, implement long-term and short-term interventions, and develop individualized treatment plans
- Provide detailed documentation and records of evaluations and treatments
- Address issues such as depression, bullying, various mental health issues and learning difficulties in children by providing appropriate psychological intervention
- Adjust communication patterns to the age and level of understanding of the child. This may sometimes include nonverbal means of communication
- Provide support and advice to the child’s parents about every angle of their care that has to do with the therapy needs of the child
- Perform risk assessment/crisis intervention
- Provide clinical supervision to LPC/MSW/MA level Interns
What You’ll Bring:
- Master’s degree from a CACREP accredited university
- For LCPCs: Passing of the National Clinical Mental Health Counseling Examination (NCMHCE)
- For LCSWs: Successful completion of supervised hours and the ASWB examination
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for working with children with special needs
- Prior experience working with children and families
- Creative mindset for making sessions enjoyable for children
- Comfortable persona to better develop relationships with children and their families
- Training in clinical supervision
- Competence with a variety of computer applications
What You’ll Get:
- A Great Culture
- Competitive Salary & Performance Bonuses Program
- 401K with Employer Match
- Leadership Development Trainings for Staff
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Life Insurance
- Paid-Time Off, Paid Sick Days and Paid Holidays
- Team Outing Stipends & Staff Events
- Early Access to Leadership Roles in Fast Growing Company
- Therapy Director Mentoring & Observations
- Beautiful, State-of-the-Art Clinics
Who We Are:
Westside is a culture first organization that cares foremost how our Team Members feel on a daily basis. We foster a safe environment where employees are free to be themselves, make mistakes, ask for help when they need it, and experience the power of working on high-functioning teams. Above all, we aim to meet our mission of changing kids’ lives. As a counselor with a wear-it-on-their-sleeves passion for working with kids, we think you’d be a great fit!
Westside Children’s Therapy is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances.