Location: Mokena, IL (hybrid remote and in office)
**SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE**
Westside is a culture first organization that cares how our Medical Billing Specialists feel on a daily basis. We foster a safe environment where Billing Specialists are free to be themselves, make mistakes, ask for help when they need it, and experience the power of working on a high-functioning team. Above all, we aim to meet our mission of changing kids’ lives. As a Medical Billing Specialist that is seeking to support our mission of helping kids, we think you’d be a great fit! #IHP
The Medical Billing Team is divided into 3 teams: Patients Team, Insurance Team, and Outbound Team. Here is an overview of each team. If you are interested in any of these, apply today!
- Manage an assigned case list of patients
- Digitally invoice assigned patients
- Set up and run payment plans
- Answer parent phone calls
- Manage assigned accounts for insurance work
- Working denials and posting EOBs
- Inform patients of insurance issues
- Assist patient and insurance teammates
- Flexible resource – focus on teams that need the most help at the given time
Why would a Medical Billing Specialist choose Westside?
- Our culture is the best in the world (otherwise, we wouldn’t all be here)
- The Billing team is highly valued – Westside views this team as critical to the organization
- We empower our billing specialists and treat them with dignity, respect, and care
- We take pride in supporting families, helping them understand bills, working with them when they are in tough spots, and treating them with compassion – our patients are not just numbers to us!
- Competitive salary and schedules
- Light-hearted environment
- You want to utilize your knowledge of insurance, EOBs, referrals, and claim processing for a meaningful cause of helping children with special needs
When you interview, here are some fun things you could ask us:
- Why does our billing staff all have goofy hats?
- What is the gong on the wall for?
- Have you found Tobias yet?
We keep things real around here and make sure we all have fun AND work hard.