Location: Schaumburg West
Status: Full Time
Are you looking to be an integral part of a fun and innovative experienced pediatric team that prides itself on a family centered, multi-disciplinary, collaborative approach? Westside is the place for you!
At Westside Children’s Therapy, our Occupational Therapists are compassionate and devoted mentors who work 1:1 with children between 0-18 years old. Westside fosters a safe, collaborative environment where our OTs are free to be themselves, make mistakes, ask for help when they need it, and experience the support of working on high-functioning teams.
Our brand new Schaumburg West clinic is looking to add a full time Occupational Therapist to our multidisciplinary team. Read below and apply today!
Who You Are:
- Collaborative spirit and willingness to work as a team
- Creative mindset with a passion for making patient session interactive and enjoyable
- Accountable and transparent communicator with the ability to build trusting relationships
- Dedicated clinician who strives to enhance quality of life and patient outcomes
- Efficient with time and resources with the desire to achieve results and positive outcomes
What You’ll Do:
- Work with children from birth to age 18 to address patient needs and help them meet specific goals
- Assess the child for adaptations and use of special equipment when necessary
- Work to improve the function and independence of children and teens with disabilities, injuries, or illnesses
- Provide therapeutic interventions that help develop children’s fine motor skills, cognition, language skills, self care skills, regulation, and more
- Adjust communication patterns to the age and level of understanding of the child. This may sometimes include nonverbal means of communication
- Provide support and advice to the child’s parents about every angle of their care that has to do with the occupational therapy needs of the child
- Collaborate with team members from other disciplines to best support child’s needs
What You’ll Bring:
- Obtain a master’s degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited occupational therapy program
- Successfully pass the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy
- Maintain OTR Certification
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for working with children with special needs
- Sincere interest in learning and implementing Occupational Therapy
What You’ll Get:
- A Great Culture
- Competitive Salary & Performance Bonuses Program
- 401K with Employer Match
- Leadership Development Trainings for Staff
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Life Insurance
- Paid-Time Off, Paid Sick Days and Paid Holidays
- Team Outing Stipends & Staff Events
- Early Access to Leadership Roles in Fast Growing Company
- Therapy Director Mentoring & Observations
- Beautiful, State-of-the-Art Clinics
Who We Are:
Westside is a culture first organization that cares foremost how our Occupational Therapists feel on a daily basis. We foster a safe environment where employees are free to be themselves, make mistakes, ask for help when they need it, and experience the power of working on high-functioning teams. Above all, we aim to meet our mission of changing kids’ lives. As an Occupational Therapist with a wear-it-on-their-sleeves passion for working with kids, we think you’d be a great fit!
Westside Children’s Therapy is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances.