Location: Tinley Park, IL (Tinley Park School District)
Westside is a culture first organization that cares foremost how Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs) feel on a daily basis. We aim to meet our mission of changing kids’ lives. As a School-Based BCBA, you will carry that culture and mission into the school system by collaborating with school officials and other therapists to provide the best quality care for the students on your caseload. When school is not in session, you’ll have the opportunity to work alongside fellow Westsiders in our incredible clinics, making this position truly the best of both worlds! #IHP
Some other things you will do:
- Take charge of the evaluation process for students with special needs in order to develop and maintain a strong treatment plan focused on promoting functional skills
- Supervise Registered Behavior Technicians and other direct care staff, emphasizing a supportive coaching relationship with each of them
- Communicate with a variety of roles in the school system to emphasize a collaborative approach that will lead to the most consistent support for your kiddos
- Occasionally support the Westside team at the Frankfort clinic, sharing with them your awesome experience and perspective, while getting the opportunity to learn from theirs
We are looking for someone with a minimum of a Master’s Degree along with a current Board Certified Behavior Analyst certification. Experience with a variety of assessments, including but not limited to: VB-MAPP, Vineland, PEAK, ABLLS, AFLS. A willingness to learn new assessments is greatly appreciated because we are always happy to teach! The ideal candidate would have experience implementing ABA procedures in a school-based environment. Most importantly, we need someone with great communication skills and who values the Westside Way.
Why would a Board Certified Behavior Analyst choose Westside?
- Our culture is the best in the world (otherwise, we wouldn’t all be here)
- You want to create and maintain teams that will change kids’ lives
- We hire team players
- We view failures as our best learning opportunities
- We’re an ego-free environment where we each commit to “staying students” and learning from each other.
- We embrace innovation and take risks
- Westsiders are light-hearted, and a little bit goofy too!