Location: Remote (IL and IN Only); ability to be in HQ in Mokena, IL as needed
Westside is a culture first organization that cares foremost how you feel on a daily basis. Above all, we aim to meet our mission of changing kids’ lives.
The Software Developer will work directly with the CEO in developing a revolutionary clinical outcomes tool that reduces costs, improves quality of care, and mitigates clinician burnout. This Software Developer will be responsible for building software by writing code, as well as modifying software to identify and fix errors and improve its performance.
This will be Westside’s first internal software developer hire. We will be looking for not only technical expertise but also leadership potential in helping us become a leading technology innovator in our industry. #IMP
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly with the CEO and development team in designing and launching a large-scale Ruby on Rails application that will enhance clinical outcomes tracking and documentation across every department at the company
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of Westside’s existing Ruby on Rails based web tools
- Provide technical support to our general website when specific tech-heavy features are in need of development
- Modify software to fix errors, improve its performance, and upgrade interfaces
- Direct system testing and validation procedures
- Direct software programming and documentation development
- Collaborate with our part-time development teams on product roadmaps and implementation of features
- Work on technical issues, including software system design and maintenance
- Analyze information to recommend and plan installation of new systems or modifications of existing systems
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Significant Ruby on Rails expertise
- Strong connection to our mission of supporting children with special needs
- Strong resonance with the purpose of this project (i.e. revolutionize outcomes tracking in the pediatric therapy industry and mitigate clinician burnout)
- Superb communication skills
- Excellent technology and analytical skills
- Strong ability to think strategically and problem solve in both traditional and non-traditional ways.
- Creativity and a “there must be a better way” pattern of thinking
- Experience with working in the healthcare industry
- Experience with working with iOS and Android mobile development (Swift, Kotlin, etc.)
Why would a Software Developer choose Westside?
- Our culture is the best in the world (otherwise, we wouldn’t all be here)
- You want to help change kids’ lives
- We hire team players
- We embrace innovation and take risks
- We view failures as our best learning opportunities
- We’re an ego-free environment where we each commit to “staying students” and learning from each other.
- Westsiders are light-hearted, and a little bit goofy too!