Location: Mokena, IL
Westside is a culture first organization that cares foremost how you feel on a daily basis. Above all, we aim to meet our mission of changing kids’ lives. As a University Relations Specialist, you will work as a member of the Westside Human Resources team, hiring and retaining great talent for a growing company! #IMP
The University Relations Specialist will create and maintain relationships with colleges and universities for fieldwork and recruiting opportunities. The University Relations Specialist will work directly with university fieldwork placement coordinators to place students in experiences at Westside, as well as maintain continued relationships with students throughout their experience. This position will also maintain relationships with university career centers to create a pipeline of potential candidates.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain relationships with all current and prospective university fieldwork coordinators to ensure placement of fieldwork students.
- Initiate and maintain all fieldwork contracts with universities.
- Conduct initial interviews with fieldwork students to determine if they are a fit for Westside.
- Connect fieldwork students with appropriate Westside therapists for placements.
- Create and maintain a system of communication with fieldwork students and supervisors to identify an early talent pipeline of candidates.
- Recommend any strong fieldwork students to the HR team for potential employment at Westside.
- Meet regularly with fieldwork supervisors and career center staff at universities.
- Assist BCBAs with management of the BCBA development program
- Prepare materials as needed for career fairs and fieldwork placements.
- Attend job fairs as a way to recruit students and potential candidates.
- Assist with therapist credentialing as needed.
- Assist with recruitment as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years of experience in HR, recruiting, and/or university relations
- A strong passion for creating positive outcomes for children with special needs
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent technology and analytical skills
- Strong ability to think strategically and problem solve in both traditional and non-traditional ways.
- High-energy, enthusiasm, and a can-do attitude
- Ability to work independently, and the flexibility to work as part of a highly collaborative team
- Previous experience in healthcare or outpatient therapy field, and/or knowledge of physical therapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy education and licensing
- Need to have reliable transportation
- Some local travel may be required