Westside Children’s Therapy seeks a Medical Billing Specialist who has a wear-it-on-their-sleeves passion for working with kids with disabilities. They will provide the highest level of customer service to patient and their families, collaborate with four therapy disciplines and administrative team, make Westside families extremely happy, and grow to become the best employee they can be.
Excellent interpersonal skills – an ability to build relationships quickly with parents and families. The first impression is key and you should be great at making families feel great about Westside.
Effective communication skills – an ability to engage productively in new conversations with families, clients, and co-workers.
Have a strong ethical and moral compass – having instincts to always do right by co-workers, patients, families, and medical professionals and to never stray from the business’s core mission of helping families
Have a genuine passion for helping children with special needs – if knowing that your efforts are impacting the lives of children with special needs doesn’t truly warm your heart, then this is NOT the role for you
Have enormous sense of possibility and an unwavering can-do attitude – a challenge should excite you. We are looking for problem-solvers who are eager to “figure out a way” when given problems to solve.
Humility – an inclination to give credit to others when things go well and to look to self as a possible source of blame when things go wrong.
Medical Billing Specialist Responsibilities
Responsibility #1:Prepare, review, and submit patient or denial claims
- Form knowledge on insurance billing policies and reimbursement schedule
- Determine reimbursements owed to patients
- Enters information necessary for insurance claims such as patient, insurance ID, diagnosis, and provider information
- Prepares appeal letters to insurance carrier when not in agreement with claim denial. Collect necessary information to accompany appeals
Responsibility #2: Record payments into electronic billing system
- Have basic computer knowledge and ability to record payment information into billing system
- Add new patients to internal electronic billing systems and update status accordingly
- Enter charges accurately and expeditiously to ensure proper records handling and fast payment responses
Responsibility #3: Process and mail patient statements
- Prepares patient statements for charges not covered by insurance. Insures statements are mailed on a regular basis
Responsibility #4: Assist families with payment plans and inquiries
- Collect delinquent accounts by establishing payment arrangements with patients; monitoring payments; following up with patients when payment lapses occur.
- Work with patients to establish payment plan for accounts in accordance with provider policies
- Answer patient questions on patient responsible portions, copays, deductibles, write-off’s, etc. Resolves patient complaints or explains why certain services are not covered
Responsibility #5: Contribute to the Team
- Participate in weekly team meetings. Meetings typically discuss caseloads, new patients, new ideas, team outings, etc.
- Participation in these meetings is extremely important to increase the quality of care for the kids.
Responsibility #6: Grow as a Medical Billing Specialist
- Participates in continuing education for professional development to ensure therapy quality is improving.
- Employees are invited to participate in yearly career conversations with managers. Career goals, promotion opportunities, and current performance are discussed in these meetings. We make sure you are on track to get where you want to be.