Thank you for your interest in scheduling observation hours at Westside Children’s Therapy! Please read the following requirements and fill out the form below to submit a formal request for student observation. While we try to accommodate as many requests as we can, it is not always possible due to the high volume of inquiries.
- We require a valid form of ID and signed HIPAA forms to be turned in at the front desk upon arrival.
- Students are expected to be on time for each scheduled day. If for some reason you cannot be on time, you must notify the front desk.
- Students must wear appropriate attire. You do not have to dress up, but you do have to look professional. If you come in wearing inappropriate clothing (unacceptable slogans/underclothing showing/ etc.) you may be asked to leave.
- Students will be asked to assist with tasks such as cleaning toys, wiping down mats after patient sessions, joining to assist in sessions, taking out the trash, shredding, set-up, clean-up, etc. You will be expected to perform these tasks to the best of your ability.
- During observations students may communicate appropriately with our patients and families, may engage patients to motivate them (“come on, you can do it!”), may question therapists about the treatment sessions.
- Westside is a facility that promotes family, friendship, and acceptance. Any behavior that takes away from Westside’s values will not be tolerated.