Coronavirus (COVID-19) Policy
We want to share with you our safety procedures during these unprecedented times. Our precautionary measures follow governmental guidelines and are categorized in the following ways:
(1) Before the Session
- Strict employee and patient sick policy
- Employees or patients who appear to have symptoms (i.e., fever, cough, or shortness of breath) upon arrival or who become sick during the day should immediately be separated from other employees, patients, and visitors and sent home.
- All patients will be screened prior to appointment to understand if there is any exposure risk. If the guardian answers “Yes” to any questions, they will be asked to cancel their session until further notice.
- Thermometers will be used to check for fevers for all building entrants
- Closed Waiting room – Curbside Pickup Only
- We will not be allowing anyone in the waiting room. Although this may be an inconvenience we will ask all parents or guardians and siblings to wait in their car at the curbside. If families arrive early and nobody has come to the car, families can call (815) 469-1500. Curbside pickup helps us limit the # of people in the building, which increases safety
- Under exceptional circumstances where a parent needs to be in a session, we will try to safely accommodate
- Frequent sanitation procedures
- Hourly disinfecting of door handles, bathrooms, and other commonly used spaces using antiviral medical-grade spray
- Hand sanitizer has been placed in public areas for the use of staff, parents, and children
- Social distancing
- No student observers are allowed at this time
- “6 feet please” floor stickers reminding therapists of social distancing
- Employees are discouraged from congregating
- They are expected to treat out of different rooms and gyms whenever possible
(2) During the Session
- Session begins by washing the child’s hands
- Therapists, parents, and children who can tolerate it must wear masks
- Children over the age of 2 should wear a mask whenever possible unless they are unable to tolerate it for medical or related reasons. We understand that each child’s tolerance and ability to comply with mask wearing varies.
- Selective use of materials and minimization of surfaces and items touched in a single session
- Schedule spacing to prevent any periods of the day from having more than a small number of sessions happening at the same time
(3) After the Session
- Employee handwashing at the end of every session
- Therapists uses disinfectant spray on all materials and spaces that were touched during the session
Please know our highest priority is looking out for the safety and welfare of our families and staff.
This document can be downloaded into a printable version here.