RBT Career Development at Westside
What is a Registered Behavior Technician?
“RBT” stands for Registered Behavior Technician. RBTs work directly with clients, implementing ABA therapy programs for children diagnosed with Autism. At Westside, RBTs conduct predominantly play-based therapy and combine meaningful experiences with fun activities for the kids. RBTs record data on the children’s progress that the BCBAs use to guide their future work.
When we hire RBTs, what do we look for?
- At least 18 years of age
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- A sincere interest in learning and implementing ABA therapy
- Strong collaboration skills
- A passion for working with children with special needs
Why RBTs choose Westside
RBTs choose Westside Children’s Therapy because we are a culture-first organization that cares foremost on how our RBTs feel on a daily basis.
We foster a safe environment where employees are free to be themselves, make mistakes, ask for help when they need it, and experience the power of working on high-functioning teams. Above all, we aim to meet our mission of changing kids’ lives.
The Westside difference
- Fully paid RBT training in your first 90 days
- Increased hourly rate following RBT certification
- Salary and benefits after 90 days
- BCBAs on-site daily – continuous mentoring and support
- Numerous routes for growth and career advancement
- 4 doc hours per week – can schedule to support personal/mental health needs
- Paid for cancels after 90 days
- Full benefit package
How can RBTs advance their career at Westside?
There are many different avenues of growth for an RBT at Westside, and we offer foundational leadership and roll-specific trainings to foster that growth. These include leadership bootcamps, monthly trainings, prep programs, future support, RBT lead trainings and more!
Behavior Tech → Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) → RBT Program Coordinator → RBT Lead → Regional RBT
An RBT can also advance their career by becoming a BCBA through our BCBA development program. Once an RBT becomes a BCBA, the opportunity for growth can follow: BCBA → Lead BCBA → Regional Director BCBA.
There are many other opportunities beyond the RBT Role at Westside which include- Talent Acquisition Specialists, Clinic Supervisors, Patient Service Representatives, Referral Coordinators, Intake Coordinators and more!
How RBTs Can Join Westside
- Classroom observation – Depending on availability, we allow people to come into the clinics to observe sessions.
- Summer Internship Program – Learn about the basics of ABA without committing to a job. Classroom instruction on the basics of the field as well as in-clinic observations of ABA sessions. This can lead to employment if interested.
- Apply on our job listings page – Listings throughout Chicagoland for in-clinic ABA opportunities
With Westside’s support, you will earn and maintain an active RBT certification as well as a CPR Certification, within your first 90 days of employment. This will entail a 40 hour training program and passing the RBT certification exam.