8 Great Reasons To Choose Westside
1. Westside goes above and beyond in supporting kids and families.
We view patients as an extension of our family. We view your choice to get therapy at Westside as the first step in a lifelong partnership in supporting your child.
When Westside witnessed families struggling to afford services for their children, a group of therapists established the Westside Foundation as a wau to support any child in Illinois with special needs whose family is experiencing hardship. Westside dedicates its resources to support the Westside Foundation by fundraising $50,000 annually for these families.
We believe action speaks louder than words when it comes to helping families.
2. Over 98% of families are “very likely to refer Westside to a friend”
Across review sites (i.e. Facebook, Google), clinics, timeframes, and services – the theme is the same. Westside has a long-standing track record of providing the highest quality, most family-centered therapy.
- “The treatments at Westside Children’s Therapy are cutting edge and the family environment are second to none.“
- “The experienced therapists and staff feel like an extension of our family. They really care about us and our son’s progress and well-being.”
- “By choosing Westside Children’s Therapy, you are committing to the best treatment for your child and a relationship that will last a lifetime!“
- “My daughter will ask every day if she’s going to see her speech therapist and her ABA therapist. My daughter gets really excited when we pull up to Westside Children’s Therapy.”
Check out our list of testimonials or read our most recent parent survey.
3. Westside knows what we stand for.
Westside has a defined set of values that our company lives by. Our hiring procesS, performance reviews, promotion and termination decisions, and employee awards are all centered on our values. This ensures we have a team united by our belief in doing therapy the #Westside Way.
We believe being a great place to work is the difference between being a good company and a great company.
4. Westside is a 1-stop shop for all therapy needs.
We offer all services (physical, occupational, speech, feeding, applied behavior analysis, neurofeedback) in every clinic. This makes scheduling for multiple services convenient. Also, our therapists who treat the same children can coordinate on treatment plans.
The Westside experience is convenient for families and maximizes knowledge sharing among therapists.
5. Westside has the best therapy leadership.
Shari Cassidy – Westside’s Clinical Director of Therapy – has been practicing for over 30 years. Upon graduating from Northwestern University, Shari worked for 12 years at Children’s Memorial Hospital. In 1995, she began private treatment. Through the reputation she built as a leading expert in pediatric therapy, Westside grew and now supports thousands of families each year. She has hired an elite team of Clinical Directors that are stewards for the quality of therapy she expects across all services.
Westside’s staff, parents, and students are positioned to learn from the best.
6. Westside builds the best, most kid-friendly clinics.
Westside invests in building out beautiful clinics with therapeutically designed equipment and spaces. They have:
- Large gyms that house the therapy equipment that excites kids: ziplines, rock walls, jumping ledges, etc.
- Numerous private treatment rooms for focus-intensive therapy
- Specialty therapy rooms to practice at-home behaviors
Westside views investing in the quality of our clinics as investing in the quality of our therapy.
7. Westside therapists are highly trained.
Westside constantly trains therapists – hosting seminars, conducting frequent observations, soliciting parent feedback, and sending staff to courses to courses. The quality of our therapy is our differentiator – ask our parents or watch directly as parents share their life-changing therapy experiences.
8. Westside shows appreciation to families through action.
Westside organizes an annual Fall Fest as a way to provide a safe, Halloween event for families. We go all out: free food/drinks, Trunk-or-Treating, Haunted House, games and prizes, and appearances from the SWAT team, police department, and fire department.Westside also coordinates Santa Visits, coloring contests, costume contests, and a variety of other non-therapy events throughout the year. These events are our way of saying thanks in a BIG way to families.