This is the best place in the world to work. If it wasn’t, the rest of us wouldn’t be here.
Our culture is not negotiable. We love it too much.
If you are uncomfortable with anything we do, that’s okay. We might not be the best fit for you. But if you read this and jump with excitement, then let’s talk.
- We laugh a lot at work and think that work without laughing feels too empty
- We take our jobs seriously but not ourselves
- We sometimes forget that “our kids” are not really our kids
- We get really excited about throwing a Halloween party in our parking lot every year
- We provide stipends for coworkers to go out to dinner together
- We don’t like big egos or people feeling like “their status” makes them exceptional – we view ourselves as an equal team all fighting for the same thing (great quality of care)
- We occasionally hide links to “Rick Roll” videos in our email chains
- Sometimes we play oversized Jenga before we leave the office on our early release Fridays
- We seem to have a strange proclivity for pranks
- We once had a staff meeting interrupted by a singing woman dressed in a chicken suit (people moved on from that experience alarmingly quickly)
- We are almost universally Blackhawks fans and will go to games for staff events
- One of our favorite staff events is going to a Cubs rooftop for a game even though half the time is spent stopping for bathroom breaks on the way there
- Our co-workers are our friends
- We are authentic
- We think big
- We are willing to be vulnerable and give/receive feedback frequently
- We think of ourselves as a “Team of Teams” – inspired by a book from our monthly book club
- We are not afraid to make mistakes, and we openly admit to our mistakes
- We are proactive and prefer action over complaining
- We treat all disciplines and teams as equal – that especially includes our billing and admin teams. They rock just as much as our therapists.
- We live with deep passion – if you’re going to spend the majority of your week doing something, you might as well spend that time making a huge impact!