“When you walk in the door you are greeted with a warm smile and hello. It’s like you are visiting your family and friends. I like the fact that all therapies are in one location, where the therapist can communicate about my son, and we can get a well-rounded therapy session.”
– The Bell Family
– The Bell Family
Westside utilizes a multi-disciplinary program for assessing and treating children with feeding difficulties. Our team of occupational and speech therapists uses the SOS feeding therapy approach. The goal is to allow the child to interact with a variety of food through fun, playful and multisensory approaches.
Our treatment interventions integrate posture, sensory, motor, behavioral/learning, oral motor, medical and nutritional factors to evaluate and manage children with feeding/growth concerns. Parent education and participation is an integral part of our therapy. We never forget that a kid is a kid by ensuring therapy is fun, safe, and inviting. Our expectation: life-changing results.
- Group Feeding Therapy
- Picky eater (a food range of less than 20 foods)
- Poor weight gain
- Weight loss
- Infant Feeding (0-24 months)
- Bottle Feeding Transitions
- Continued choking/gagging during mealtimes
- More than one incidence of nasal reflux
- Ongoing respiratory problems stemming from poor breathing-eating coordination
- Inability to transition to pureed foods by 10 months or solid foods by 12 months
- Inability to transition from bottle to cup by 16 months
- Aversion to or avoidance of an entire food group or texture group
- Crying and/or arching at most meals (infants)
- Oral Pharyngeal Dysphagia
- Cleft lip or palate
- Oral aversion
- G-tube placement
- Cerebral Palsy
- Congenital heart disease
- Moebius Syndrome
- Prader Willie Syndrome
- Di George Syndrome
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
Westside Wisdom Feeding Spotlight – Picky Eaters vs. Problem Eaters
Why Westside is the Preferred Provider
Strong Clinical Leadership
Westside’s Clinical Director trains and supervises therapists to ensure therapy quality.
Distinct, Family-Centered Approach
Our therapists have warm personalities that foster strong relationships with families.
Therapy Gyms That Kids Dreams Of
Ziplines, jumping ledges, ball pits, trampolines, and rock walls make kids forget they’re in therapy.
Multiple Disciplines, Multiple Perspectives
6 disciplines in each clinic enables collaboration across specialists to meet your child’s needs.
Private feeding therapy rooms with kitchen setups and space for parents
Impressively Talented Feeding Therapists
Competitive hiring process and high-performance standards – you’ll find only warm, friendly, and talented feeding therapists.